übingen scholarship program is open to young international applicants to become familiar with research and teaching at a German university for 2018/2019 academic year.
As part of the Excellence Initiative, the aim of the übingen program is to give young international academics the opportunity to become familiar with research and teaching at a German university, and thereby to expand the amount of courses given in foreign languages at the University of Tuebingen. For the teaching individuals it also offers chances to broaden research horizons and build professional ties.
Worth of Award
Funding consists of a monthly scholarship and a remuneration for teaching which will be paid towards the end of the semester; furthermore travel costs are reimbursed.
- PhD candidates EUR 1468/month
- PostDocs EUR 1853/month
2. Remuneration for teaching (min. 2 SWS, max. 6 SWS)
- PhD candidates EUR 25/teaching hour (SWS)
- PostDocs EUR 50/teaching hour (SWS)
3. Travel expenses for travelling to Tübingen up to EUR 1000 (documented costs, no reimbursement of moving expenses or travel expenses of family members)
If you are a PhD candidate in an advanced stage of your doctoral studies, or a PostDoc who has earned your PhD in the last 4 years preferably from strategically important partners of the University of Tübingen, you are eligible for the übingen scholarship program.
How to Apply
The application is submitted online via an application portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de
You will need to upload two PDF documents:
- Letter of support from the hosting professor at the University of Tuebingen (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter from the candidate stating his/her motivation for participating in the übingen program (max. 2 pages)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- List of most important publications (max. 10, max. 1 page)
- Proven teaching experience (max. 1 page)
- Course(s) which will be taught in Tübingen including the title of the planned course(s), the type of class (lecture, seminar…), the number of teaching hours taught per week (SWS), and a short abstract on the contents of the planned course(s) (max. 1 page per course)
- Contents of proposed research (max. 1 page)
- Max. 2 further reference letters
2. PDF: Certificate of the candidate’s most recent university degree (Masters or PhD)
Deadline: applications close 20th June or 20th November
Applications can be submitted from 1st May or 1st October