The TED Fellows program is open to everyone for 2018/2019. They select people from every discipline and every country to be Fellows.
The TED Fellows program is turning ten years old next year, and they are looking for their most ambitious class yet. What have Fellows done after joining the program? In our nearly 10-year history, the Fellows program has sparked remarkable cultural change and reached millions of people. With the support of TED, Fellows have conserved large swaths of our planet, protecting many species in the process. They’ve made headway in understanding complex diseases like Parkinson’s, cancer and malaria. They’ve created art that shines a light on injustice and made music that celebrates our history. They’ve made huge strides in robotics and 4-D printing and launched new startups. They’ve passed laws and have gone on to win Oscars, Grammys and MacArthur “genius” grants. And in the process, Fellows have improved conditions on their planet for countless communities and inspired others to pursue their own unconventional projects.
Worth of Award
Fellows get career coaching and speaker training as well as mentorship and public relations guidance. Fellows also give a talk at a TED Conference, a huge opportunity to share their work with a wide, new audience. And perhaps most important, Fellows join the community of 450+ other Fellows who inspire one another and collaborate on new projects.
- Application is straightforward. It’s open to everyone (no one is appointed a Fellow; everyone has to apply), and we encourage you to apply even if you’re not sure you’re qualified. We have a way of picking winners before they know it.
- They don’t have an upper age limit, but you must be 18 or older to apply.
How to Apply
- The online application can take as little as 20 minutes.
- It asks for general biographical information, short essays on your work and three references.
- If you’re selected, you will be part of our 10-year anniversary class, and you will need to reserve April 13 through April 20, 2019, for TED2019 and our own very special pre-conference.
Deadline: applications close August 26th, 2018