MAPS Program provides students with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of the history, politics, law, and economies of the Asia-Pacific region. The program adopts multidisciplinary approaches to give students an understanding of contemporary regional issues; allows participants to integrate study of business, economics, politics and law; and prepares and trains graduates for careers in the public sector, diplomatic service, academic and research institutions, consultancies, and international organizations.
The Asia-Pacific region is one of the most dynamic and diverse political and economic power centers in the world. Thammasat University’s Master of Arts in Asia-Pacific Studies (MAPS) is the first graduate program which examines the entire Asia-Pacific region in all its complexity.
Scholarship Sponsor: Thammasat University
All recipients will receive:
- Living allowance 6,000 Baht per month ($200)
- Accommodation Allowance 6,000 Baht Per month ($200)
- Scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis
- Tuition includes student service and amenities fees
- Waived fee to present and attend International Seminar at the end of the Degree
- Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
Field/Area of Study: Master of Arts in Asia-Pacific Studies
Type of Award: Fully Scholarship
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above from an accredited university
- Minimum requirement of English Proficiency is 6.5 IELTS (IELTS 6.0 is acceptable see NOTE), 550 for paper-based TOEFL test, 79 for internet-based TOEFL test, and 213 for computer-based TOEFL test or 550 for TU-GET. The official score report of English Proficiency is valid only if the test was taken no more than 2 years prior to the last date of the application submission period. However, requirement for English Proficiency does not applied to native English speakers.
- Students with an international Bachelor’s Degree Program are not required to submit official evidence of English Proficiency test score upon application submission.
- 4th year students who expect to graduate in the 2nd semester may apply for admissionby submitting a Certified Letter of Expected Date of Graduation.
- A statement of purpose and Study Plan of approximately 500 words each.
Instruction on Application:
- Admission and Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria-overall academic performance, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, academic essay, and the interview screening.
- Please note that our scholarships are allocated on first-come-first-serve basis. It cannot be guaranteed that you will get the scholarship even you submitted your application and documents before our advertised deadline due to high competition. This, it is strongly advised to submit your complete application as soon as possible.