The East Tennessee State University is offering Academic Merit Scholarships to individuals who wants to pursue a degree program at the Institution. These scholarships are available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme.
Scholarships are provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University in USA. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
Eligibility: Applicants should meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
– Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
– Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
– Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
– Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
– Additional Conditions:
– Recipients must maintain full-time status.
– Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
– The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
– Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
– ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from international freshman applicants under the age of 21 who graduated from a US high school. ETSU does not require ACT/SAT scores for admission purposes from international freshmen applicants who successfully complete secondary education in countries other than the U.S.
– International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
– TOEFL: 500 Paper based (PBT), 173 Computer based (CBT), 61 Internet based (iBT)
– IELTS – International English Testing System:Score of 5.5
How To Apply
The mode of application is online. Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2017 for spring semester.
For More Details Visit Official Scholarship Page.