2018 Rhodes Trust Scholarships To Study in UK – Apply! All African Students seeking admission into the University Of Oxford, United Kingdom will be considered automatically for the 2018 Rhodes Trust Scholarships. Submission of application forms for the annual study award is ongoing and students from all over Africa are welcomed.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate award supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
- Kenya: 31st August, 2018
- Southern Africa (including Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland): 15th August, 2018
- West Africa: 30th September 2018
- Zambia: 31st October, 2018
- Zimbabwe: 31st August, 2018
Eligible African Countries: Kenya, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), West African countries, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Other Countries: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, SJLP (including Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine), United Arab Emirates, United States.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- be between the ages of 18 – 24 years old
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford
The following are required during application:
- vidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
- Visit The Official Website For More Information.